The main subject of concern on our area is burglaries. The Neighbourhood Team has increased its patrols, provided crime prevention advice and helped to set up ‘SmartWater streets’. We would like to further appeal to residents to maintain their vigilance at this time and call in any suspicious activity. SmartWater is a security marking product and to find out more about it please visit www.smartwater.com
There has been an increase in workmen in the area going door to door offering goods and services. While many of these are legitimate, the current situation has caused tensions and further issues. If you do get one of these visitors and you do not want what they are offering, please just decline politely and close your door. If you believe that you are a victim of a rogue trader, or are concerned that a neighbour or family member may be, please report it to Trading Standards via 03454 04 05 06. If you feel threatened in anyway, call 999.
• Between the 2nd –4th March, a shed was broken into on Norreys Close in Cumnor. The offender forced entry and removed tools. It is believed more sheds were broken into also as other items have been found discarded in the area.
• On the 13th March, a House on Eaton Road, Appleton was burgled at 8pm. Offenders forced access via a downstairs back window. Jewellery, car keys and other items were taken
• On the 2nd April between 6.30pm 1830 – 2045hrs, a property was broken into on Hids Copse Road in Cumnor. Entry was gained by forcing a ground floor window. Cash, Jewellery and other personal items were taken.
Have You Say – Active Communities
On the 17th March PCSO Adi Wright held a ‘Have your say’ meeting at Dean Court Community Centre, concerns were raised regarding burglaries including sheds. There are a number of crime prevention steps that can be taken, many of which can be found online however if residents have particular concerns please come along to the meetings detailed below, or contact us using the details at the bottom of the page.
Future events/meetings/active communities
• 14th April 2018, 2pm – 3pm at Dean Court Community Centre, Pinnocks Way, Oxford
• 12th May 2018, 2pm – 3pm at Dean Court Community Centre, Pinnocks Way, Oxford
If you want any advice or would like to contact the neighbourhood team you can call us on the police non-emergency number 101 or if it is an emergency then dial 999. You can also contact us via email abingdonouterNHPT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk. Please note this email address cannot be used to contact Thames Valley Police to report crimes or for any urgent matters. To view information on your neighbourhood team visit the Thames Valley Police website at: www.thamesvalley.police.uk. Receive free local crime alerts and crime prevention advice by registering at www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk today. Please also follow us on Twitter @TVPSouthandVale.