Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following vehicle thefts in the Wantage area over the weekend.
• Between 3.30pm on Saturday (2/12) and 8.41am on Sunday (3/12) unknown offenders stole a white Nissan D21 Pick-up (reg: K67**N) from Foliat Drive, Wantage.
• Between 5pm on Saturday (2/12) and 12.30pm on Sunday (3/12) unknown offenders stole a red Citroen Berlingo (reg: R***WGW) from Ginge Road, West Hendred.
• In the early hours of Sunday (3/12) at 00.22 unknown offenders stole a green Land Rover Defender (reg: N***VAC) from Ginge Road, West Hendred.
• Between 4.50pm on Monday (4/12) and 6.40am today (5/12) unknown offenders stole a white Ford Transit van (reg: Y***XCB) from Springfield Road, Wantage.
If you have seen any suspicious looking people or vehicles in the area or have any information relating to this message please call the Police via the 24 hour non-emergency telephone number 101.
Alternatively if you have information but wish to remain anonymous, please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online by visiting www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
Car security advice
Always lock your car, wind up the windows and close the sunroof, even if you’re only leaving it for a few minutes. You should also double check it’s locked before leaving. It only takes a few seconds for your valuables to be stolen from an unlocked car.
For extra security:
• fit a car alarm
• use a steering wheel lock
• get an immobiliser, this stops the engine from starting if the car is being stolen
• always park your car in well-lit areas in full public view
• look for police approved car parks with the Park Mark logo
• when in stationary in traffic, keep your doors locked and windows up
• take your sat nav with you and wipe away any marks left by the suction pads
• don't leave items in the glove compartment
• if you have a garage, use it
Never leave valuable possessions such as handbags, laptops, phones or sat navs on show inside a vehicle. This makes it much more likely to be targeted by thieves. Even items of little value, such as shopping bags and clothing, may tempt a potential thief to break into the vehicle to see whether they contain anything worth stealing. Keep your possessions out of view, or take them with you. For any further advice please contact the Wantage Neighbourhood team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org