1. Parking Issues – Areas have been identified to the Town Council which are having parking issues. These areas are being patrolled, advice notices will be put on vehicles and vehicles causing offences will be issued with a Fixed Penalty notice if required.
2. Thame Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) – After receiving numerous complaints regarding anti-social behaviour outside Co-op and Costa in the High Street, Thame, a further meeting is being arranged with Costa management to discuss the issues and put measures in place to tackle the behaviour. We are conducting regular patrols inside and outside the properties liaising with staff. Offenders identified will be dealt with accordingly.
3. Thame Town Centre Parking – Thame Town Centre parking initiative reviewing the two-hour parking in the High Street will be monitored again.
4. Theft from Vehicle - There has been an increase in theft from motor vehicles throughout the South & Vale area, specifically the beauty spot areas used for dog walkers. The Ridgeway, Christmas Common, Watlington and Aston Rowant have been the most affected area locally. High visibility patrols have been increased and crime prevention signs have been placed in the hotspots and crime prevention events are being held. Please remember to remove any valuables from your vehicle when leaving it unattended!
Crime prevention advice
Some of the neighbourhood team have received enhanced training around crime prevention which has enabled us to both refresh our knowledge and learn new skills on carrying out detailed home surveys on residential properties. This training will enable us to provide detailed advice to victims of crime around keeping their property safe.
What the neighbourhood team have been doing
• A new initiative called Shop Watch will be launched soon to enable the shops within Thame town centre to work together to reduce retail related crime.
• Thame PCSOs continue to work together with the Housing Associations to conduct home inspections. This partnership work enables us to work in partnership to identify ways to reduce anti-social behaviour within our community.
• PCSO White and Jackson gave a talk to Tetsworth School children about people in the community that help us.
• PCSO White and Jackson attended Barley Hill School Thame to help with a recent class topic.
• The Thame and Wheatley NHPT have been assisting deliver presentations to Year 9 students at Lord Williams Lower School in relation to a common complaint in schools around “Sexting” and the sending of inappropriate messages and pictures.
Have Your Say Meetings
Please come along and discuss any local concerns with your neighbourhood policing team:
• Wednesday 15th March, 2.30pm – 3.30pm at Costa in Thame.
• Wednesday 15th March, 10.30am – 11.30 at Tiddington Village Hall.
• Friday 31st March, 2.00pm – 3.00pm at Thame Library.
If you want any advice or would like to contact the neighbourhood team you can call us on the police non-emergency number 101 or if it is an emergency then dial 999. You can also contact us via email ThameNHPT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk. Please note this email address cannot be used to contact Thames Valley Police to report crimes or for any urgent matters. To view information on your neighbourhood team visit the Thames Valley Police website at: www.thamesvalley.police.uk. Receive free local crime alerts and crime prevention advice by registering at www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk today. This allows anyone who signs up to choose what updates they receive and how they would like to receive it. The Thames Valley Police Twitter account is kept up to date with what we are up to; please follow us @TVPSouthandVale
Message sent by
(3155) Julia Williams (Police, Neighbourhood Policing Admin, South Oxon and Vale)